Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Dear Citizens of Greensboro,

My quest to bring The Devil and Daniel Johnston to the Triad has been a long, long endeavor. I have bugged many a publicity executive for Sony Pictures Classics as well as local theater owners, local film buyers, and the people who answer the phones for the Galaxy Cinema 6 in Cary, NC.

But as the film is finally released in Greensboro today at the Carolina Theatre in downtown, let's review the reasons why you should go and see it:

1.) The poster, with artwork by Daniel Johnston himself:
The Greatest Movie of the Year! WOO-HOO!

2.) The trailer for the film, one of the very best of the year:


3.) The more than positive review I wrote for GoTriad.


4.) And lastly, the telephone interview I conducted with Johnston himself over the telephone.

As far as I am concerned, you have no excuse not to see this film.

Sincerely,
Joe Scott

P.S. For those of you who I met before seeing the film tonight, make sure to write your thoughts on the film in the comments section below.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Valerie said...

I am glad you finally got it, this film is great, if you want check my review knock yourself.
Cheers
V

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home