Friday, August 24, 2007

This AVP:2 trailer that looks like....

the trailer for a movie that has both Aliens and Predators in it. Bet you thought I was going to say 'crap,' didn't you? I did too, but it actually looks awesome. Check it out:



I own all the individual Alien and Predator films (including P2), but I could not stomach AVP. Paul Wes Anderson is a hack, and the movie was a neutered compromise of the 'Alien Vs. Predator' film of my childhood dreams. As I kid, I couldn't wait to see AVP, but when I finally got to see it in 2004, I was so pissed with its utter crappiness, that I kicked the exit door of the theater. The Cops had to warn the audience at the following screening that if there were any more outbursts like mine, that someone would be arrested. No joke, I was that disappointed and heart-broken by what should have ultimately been a sure thing. I mean Freddy vs. Jason at least delivered on a minor level of expectation.

Thankfully, that two-minute trailer had more geek-tastic splatter violence in it than the whole of the first Alien Vs. Predator. This trailer is actually so good, it has made me decide to renege my vow to never see AVP2. While one can't hope for a film to meet or exceed the works of James Cameron, Ridley Scott, or John McTiernan, the preview gives me hope that it will at least be Terminator 3 good, if you know what I mean.

I wonder what made 20th Century Fox decide to go for an R-rating this time out. I figured they would continue to make PG-13 sequels to R-rated franchises since AVP1 and Die Hard 4 were both pretty successful. Maybe it was the success of 300, but it really seems like they made this film - or the trailer at least - for adults who love the series. I mean the movie could be complete crap, but at least we got a pretty stellar trailer out of the deal.

But no matter what, I can't imagine the film could be any worse than the one Paul Wes Anderson directed. We'll have to see, though, won't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home