Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where I have been.

About four months ago, I found this amazingly powerful magnetic marble lying on the ground at the school where I work.

In terms of magnetism, you could roll this baby down a wall and watch it stop wherever there was a nail.

So one day, I rolled said marble across my table - the same table where I had left my MacBook running - and instead of going straight across the table, the marble decided it liked the metallic parts inside my computer and made a detour.

At the very moment the marble kissed my MacBook, all digital files, information, and programs I had accumulated for many, many years were gone. This includes about 40 gigs of music, including my impressive soundtrack collection and $500 worth of iTunes files I never backed up. This includes podcasts, celebrity interviews, and screenplay drafts that are most likely gone for good.

I'm working through the problem right now. I have this wonderful program called Data Rescue II, which among other things, seems pretty good at retrieving corrupted data files that were fubared by large magnets. I've saved about 15 gigs of data, but considering there were almost 100 gigs that I didn't retrieve, I still have little reason to see light at the end of the tunnel.

I am going to make another pass through my computer today before uploading a new OS onto the computer. Guess this is the perfect excuse to upgrade to Leopard.

At any rate, I promise to have something up by tomorrow. Sorry for the lengthy state of incommunicado.

-Joe

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRaP! just got back from vacation and read this post. I wish you many more gigs of refound life and hope it gets better!
Holly shuck

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Yanni said...

OMG, that is one of the funniest and saddest stories I've ever heard. Have you contacted Apple yet? They still should have all the receipts of iTunes purchases and I can't see why they wouldn't let you download the same things for free.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Xiaozhengm 520 said...

michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
instyler curling iron
michael kors handbags
cheap jordans
coach factory outlet
ralph lauren outlet
hollister clothing
tory burch sale
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
jordan 3
toms shoes
tiffany jewelry
kobe bryant shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
ray bans
abercrombie & fitch
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
retro jordans
vans shoes
coach factory outlet
rolex submariner
cartier watches
michael kors outlet
longchamp bags
jordan retro
louis vuitton bags
ray ban sunglasses
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton handbags
tory burch outlet
kate spade handbags
tiffany outlet
michael kors outlet online
mont blanc pens
true religion shorts
2016.6.17haungqin

10:07 PM  
Blogger Xiaozhengm 520 said...

ghd flat iron
ralph lauren polo
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors uk
lebron james shoes
oakley sunglasses
fitflops
nike roshe flyknit
michael kors outlet
jordan retro 3
timberland boots
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet
mont blanc
asics outlet
nike blazers
air jordans
michael kors outlet
kate spade
abercrombie
nike air huarache
replica watches
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet clearance
ray bans
abercrombie & fitch
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
retro jordans
vans shoes
coach factory outlet
rolex submariner
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
lebron james shoes 13
michael kors outlet
hollister uk
oakley sunglasses
2016.6.17haungqin

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home