Saturday, October 25, 2008

Eastwood's Gran Torino trailer.

Looks like Clint Eastwood has resurrected his Dirty Harry routine through another character. Not quite sure what to do with this one.

See for yourself:



(Click here for a better version of the trailer in QuickTime.)

Granted the fact that Eastwood is almost 90, I would probably be scared - or at least slightly mystified - if I was a violent thug and this guy got in my face. I hear that Eastwood still works out every day and is in better shape than people half his age, so I'm sure he would have no problem kicking some ass -- so long as his hip doesn't give out.

That said, if the marketing execs can find a way to tap the male depends demographic, this film should be a moderate hit for Warner Bros.

In other news, Mike has always said that if they made a live-action film based on Frank Miller's book "The Dark Knight Returns," that Eastwood would be perfect as an elderly Batman. And while I'm not sure if he would ever be willing to do it, after watching this trailer, I agree.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, let's not exaggerate. Eastwood is 78, I believe. Still, he's pretty long in the tooth to be kickin' ass on screen, although I realize he's playing an ex-Marine. I can only hope there will be minimal fisticuffs in the film, as Clint is too sophisticated to be channeling Harry Callahan at this point. I mean, that gangbanger he knocks on his ass in the movie happens to weigh 250 lbs! I don't imagine he'd be that easy to subdue.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home