Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Amateur boxer, pseudo-filmmaker - 4, critics - 0

I think it's safe to say that if you're name isn't Rocky Balboa and you're wearing old glory as boxing trunks, you're going to get torn apart in the ring. As reported earlier on the Movie Show (and commented on several hundred times since then) Uwe Boll challenged movie critics under 190 lbs to a boxing match (it would probably also help if you didn't have a background in boxing too I'd guess, but I'm just splitting hairs). Well, the boxing match finally took place and the challengers, Jeff Sneider of Ain't Cool News, Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka from Something Awful, Chris Alexander, and Nelson Chance Minter, all went down fighting in the name of good taste.



I'm curious, is anyone at all surprised by the outcome here? I mean, Boll obviously doesn't have the talent to shut up his critics by making a good film (actually he's incapable of making an even half way decent film), so his solution to it is to beat them up, as long as their in the right weight class. I guess if you make fun of them now, the terrible filmmakers of the world will rise up and physically pound the critics. I guess we all have to watch what we say from now on and look forward to Seed, Postal, In the Name of the King, and Far Cry with a smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home