Monday, October 23, 2006

Jigsaw can't die.

This news is a couple of days old but I figured today would be an appropriate day for posting considering the hourly countdown that has begun for Saw 3... Lionsgate has officially greenlit a Saw 4 and a possible Saw 5 pending the success of Saw 3, which I think they're pretty confident it will be. I was one of the ones that was confused as to Tobin Bell's (Jigsaw) return in Saw 3, because I was under the impression that the guy died at the end of 2... or wasn't far from it. Now the premise of Saw 3 finds him "on the brink of death," but oddly Tobin Bell is the only actor signed on for the Saw sequels. So... I don't know. Lionsgate says that with a successful Saw 3 debut, they will immedietyly begin the search for screenwriters to pen the 2 sequels- MEANING, that series creator Leigh Whannel, may have nothing to do with 4 or 5- strange, as he has written each film to date. I didn't particularly fancy the guy's acting in the original Saw, but I'm satisfied with his writing. No reasons were given as to why Leigh Whannel may not be persued... but surely news of this will come out next Monday after we've seen just what Saw 3 can do. The film opens wide this Friday, with Saw 4 due out by Christmas...

kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home