Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The new Terminator: Salvation trailer rocks! (Plus a bit about the upcoming Wonder Woman film)

Photobucket


After watching the trailer below, I am now on board with this film.

McG has always been a director of style with limited substance, but with a screenplay by Jonathan Nolan (Momento, The Dark Knight), Terminator Salvation could be the film that changes how the fanboy community looks at him. Especially if the movie lives up to the promises made by this trailer.



In other news, my wife and I watched WB's animated straight-to-DVD Wonder Woman, which is surprisingly great. Not good, folks, great. The 70-minute feature introduces you to Wonder Woman, shows you what she's about, and gives lots of great character moments plus an empowering message to young girls to boot. There are several wonderfully animated action scenes, but my favorite moment isn't an action scene at all. It's this moment wherein Wonder Woman confronts this American chick about needing a man to move a desk for her. I won't spoil what happens, but it's great. You also get to see Wonder Woman pound tequila like an Amazon.

The reason I bring this up is because as we watched the movie, my wife and I began to dream up a major Wonder Woman film in our heads. Anne Hathaway would obviously be choice one to play Wonder Woman. As for the director, I would love to see Quentin Tarantino direct it, but we all know this would never happen. Then I got to thinking, which director loves comic books, can direct movies with big action and special effects, and can present a powerful and beautiful warrior goddess in a big budget action film without exploiting her as being merely a sex object?

I thought about this for quite a while. Then when I remembered the fact that McG directed both Charlie's Angels movies, he loves comics (he almost directed a Superman film on two seperate occasions), plus the fact that the Terminator Salvation trailer looks awesome, he could certainly be the man for the job.

Of course they'll probably need to see how Terminator Salvation plays out first, but if I ran Warner Bros., I would tell an intern to start leaving Wonder Woman comics in McG's company mailbox.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

McG is a good director. I've always felt that the problems with the Charlie's Angels movies had more to do with poor scripts than poor direction. The second Angels movie had some neat visual moments.

But Anne Hathaway and Quentin Tarantino on Wonder Woman? Insanity. I don't see Tarantino fitting any superhero property except maybe Preacher and Hathaway doesn't have the gravitas for Wonder Woman.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on board for Megan Fox being Wonder Woman. I'd pay any dollar amount to see that.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home