Thursday, January 03, 2008

What Would Jesus Buy trailer.

This looks interesting - a response documentary to the credit card debt most shoppers put themselves in around Christmas.



I think I smell a potential Carousel release. Let's keep our fingers crossed, Greensboro.

Personal note: It's sickening to see how much money some people spend on gifts during the holidays. Especially on toddlers or infants who are too young to remember what they got anyway. It's always better to invest thought and consideration into a gift instead of cash.

My little nephew just celebrated his first Christmas, but instead of giving him tons of stuffed animals and expensive laptops for babies (!), I bought him a plastic hammer. See his father is a carpenter, and I knew that Brodie had to have seen his dad use a hammer around the house.

Well, sure enough, I was right. The little dude was rarely seen all Christmas week without his plastic hammer. My pup was nonplussed because Brodie tried to hit him with it, but still. Thought and consideration won out over the money that will be better spent going into my nephew's college fund. Eat that student loans.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The first documentary about Rev. Billy, entitled Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping was fascinating. Well worth a rent from Netflix. I'm eagerly anticipating this one.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Joe Scott said...

I'll have to check that one out.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home